WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
While studying abroad is costly, Australia is more moderate than most different destinations and offers an elevated requirement of value instruction, incredible living condition, and a tolerant multicultural society. Australia’s Higher Education Institutions rank among the world’s best and the nature of training they offer is correspondingly high. Advanced education in Australia gives worth to cash by offering shorter and more escalated courses. They rapidly consolidate most recent developments in science and innovation, current patterns in promoting and administration in their recognition degree programs. Subsequently Australian instruction is more practical and receptive towards the needs. The duration for the educational courses are between 1, 1.5 to 3 years. Australian education is perceived worldwide from the United States to New Zealand. Australian academics and graduates are distinctly enrolled into establishments abroad, showing a measure of Quality Education, ESOS Act to ensure the enthusiasm of abroad understudies. The Australian seasons are the reverse of the Europeans. In Queensland and the Northern Territory the weather is warmer and humid around the year. In New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, South Australia and Perth, its four seasons during the year. In Tasmania, the weather is very much colder then the rest of Australia.
The Australian government has constructed the Australian universities quality agency (AUQA) as a way of setting the standards of the australian higer education system. The AUQA will monitor the quality of teaching and learning, research and management in the universities. Thus it provides sufficient information that Australian universities are internationally recognised. Besides that, the Australian qualification framework (AQF), allows students to move freely from one level of study to the other, with credit transfers.
There are several types of institutes:
1) TAFE colleges
- They offer vocational courses at a certificate level with the courses specific degree program which is well found by the skill migration students.
- The cost of each course is lower compared to private institutes
- There are a wide range of courses provided with practical training
- They offer pre-university courses which are foundation, diploma and language programs.
- The students upon graduating their pre-university courses will be given admission in any private universities.
- Diploma programs students who will need to do practical work will be given placement for training purpose.
- They offer professional courses from degree to doctorate levels.
- There are also research programs for certain courses.
- The students will be given placement for practical training during the course and also internships during the final year.
- The students are also allowed to make credit transfers and also twining programs if it is approved by the university.
The accommodation cost in Australia varies depending on the region your university is located. The more outskirts areas like in the Western and Northern will have much lower costs compared to more urbanized areas like Sydney and Melbourne.However, on an average, a student would need at least AUD$ 20,000 per annum. This amount would cover accommodation on rent, food, ameneties, transport etc.
STUDENT VISA APPLICATION
If you are applying for a student visa, there are specific guidelines regarding income and budgeting that needs to be compiled for the Immigration department. The guidelines are based on the current average cost of living in Australia. Check on the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship webpage for further information.
WORKING WHILE STUDYING
The good news is, many companies are open to hiring international students especially if you are looking at jobs related to retail, tourism, agriculture, and administration. Internships and apprenticeship are also widely available for students. If you decide to work in Australia, you will be protected by a variety of fair work laws that the government has in place. Of course, working in Australia means you may have to make an adjustment to your visa. Most student visas allow you to work for 20 hours per week. But, please re-confirm with the immigration department before making any decision.
Medical coverage is crucial when you are living abroad. The Australian government’s, Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, helps with paying for medications needed for your medical treatment. There are also PBS forms available for overseas students and those on working visas.